Near the end of 2020, I needed a new computer chair, so I bought one of those race car chairs of Amazon. All metal frame! 400lb capacity! Super durable! High-quality Mk. IV gas cylinder will never leak! Only $250! Not even a year goes by, and the gas cylinder failed, the base cracked cylinder poked through the base and sank to the floor, making it even lower to the ground than it was already because the cylinder couldn't hold pressure. So, I fixed the base with some makeshift shims so it would stay put. Then, the back rest snapped one day, dumping me on my ass. Turns out "all metal frame" meant "the same thin-ass metal dollar store broom handles are made of." While that technically wasn't a lie, "super durable," "400lb capacity," and "High-quality Mk. IV gas cylinder will never leak!" definitely were. I didn't feel like buying another chair, so I used the rope skills I learned on Fetlife in the Boy Scouts to make it usable again. Bondage Chair lasted longer than I thought it would, but eventually the plate that bolts on to the seat broke and it was all wobbly. So, I threw it out. I was about to, reluctantly, spend $200+ on a new chair and hope this one could support my apparently massive ass. Then something occurred to me. There are chairs that are reasonably comfortable and very durable: Car seats! They're made to keep people safe during collisions, so they can definitely handle anything I'm capable of doing in front of my computer. I also remembered reading about someone saying they made a computer chair out of a car seat on Reddit, but it was mostly my idea. So, I went to the junk yard and pulled the passenger seat out of a Jeep Commander. Then I went to Home Depot for wood, stain, casters, and fittings, then did some stuff with tools... The parts cost about $100, and maybe eight hours of work. Like Adam Savage, I almost never finish One-Day-Builds on the same day I start them. I'm also only done for now. I need to make some modifications: 1: With the arms it's slightly too wide to easily move it through spaces I need to move it regularly, so I'm going to install some sort of quick release fittings so the arms can be easily removed. As of now, to remove the arms I need to remove twelve screws. 2: Redo the arm rest upholstery with new materials. As it is the padding is the lining from a winter coat I had, and the fabric used to be a pair of Dickies work pants. It works for now and this is probably the lowest priority modification. 3: Build a small desk that can be mounted on to the arm rests. 4: Get better quality casters. The cheap ones were like $7 each, so I just went with them. They're fine, but I'll keep an eye out for better quality rolley bits. 5: It could use another coat of stain. However, 1) I only put stain on it so it didn't just look like I bolted a car seat to a furniture dolly, and 2) I put the stain on two days ago and it's STILL not completely dry, and I don't feel like waiting for a second coat.